Wednesday, November 13, 2013

more than I should...


I should be asleep...I'm exhausted...and I work again in a few hours...but I keep thinking about this feeling I had last Friday...so I thought I'd write about it. It has to do with the song below.

I downloaded it a few weeks ago but didn't really listen to the lyrics...until Friday morning when I stopped by to see a good friend...as I drove away ...I put my earphones on and this song started to play.. I am not a country fan but the words of this song, on that day, strongly resonated with me...

I was overcome with this feeling of love and thankfulness for my life and the people in it. I got pretty emotional as a flood of faces passed through my mind...my heart was so full of gratitude in recognizing that I have more than I ever, in my life, thought I would have.

I truly do have a life that's good.




Are there things that I need to improve on and things that I wish for? Sure of course there are...but I can honestly say with all of my heart that if I were to die right now, I would do so with a full and happy heart.  I have had my fair share of days where I was so beyond broken...so painfully broken... and days where I just wasn't sure I'd make it...but those dark times can never overshadow the light and beauty of this very difficult, challenging, amazing life that I've been blessed with and the love I feel for the people in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment